ADP Radio Imaging Technology
This program offers students the opportunity to study medical imaging. Medical imaging is the technique used to create images of the human body for clinical purposes; to reveal, diagnose or examine disease, or for medical science which includes the study of normal anatomy and physiology.
Students who opt for this program will become radiographers or medical imaging technologists. A radiographer is a trained health professional who works with state of the art technology to produce X-rays, CT (computed tomography) scans, MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scans and other medical images that are helpful in assisting clinical radiologists and other doctors in making a diagnosis.
The core focus will be on:
- ✦ Equipping students with relevant technological skills
- ✦ Handling of imaging equipment
- ✦ Development of interpersonal skills
- ✦ Maintaining careful attention to procedure
- ✦ Inculcating empathy, cultural sensitivity, and highest ethical standards
This degree will give you the relevant knowledge to
- ✦ Thoroughly understand the body’s structure
- ✦ See how the body is affected by injury
- ✦ Recognize the causes and effects of disease/injury
Radio Imaging technologists are needed in every health care setting.
You could work in:
- ✦ A large hospital
- ✦ An outpatient clinic
- ✦ A physician’s office
- ✦ Imaging centers
- ✦ Mobile imaging service centers